Friday, October 24, 2008

back to camp

i recently returned to one of my favorite places on earth, the summer camp i attended for 10 years. back in the formative days of my youth, this place was my second home. i learned so much about life, love, and the world during those years and i know i would not be half the person i am today if it weren't for my experiences at camp.

one of the areas of camp is known as the "chapel" and it was the one place where every evening as the sun began to set and the throbbing pulse of activity began to wane, we would all gather and reflect in peace and quiet. one summer i presented a talk on the idea of radiance; the energy and aura we give off to others and the world around us. part of this presentation included me creating and dedicating a chapel rock to the camp.

that was over 10 years ago.


even the weather and climate of a temperate rainforest hasn't reclaimed this one yet.

No comments: